Treatment Request Form (TRF) and Online TRF (Request Outpatient Auth / Extend OP Auth) submissions are used to request additional outpatient sessions for Magellan members. However, Magellan's TRF cannot be used for any of the following:
- To request care authorization for Magellan employees or their dependents.
- To request an initial authorization for outpatient services. Request these services through Start New OP Auth in the Request Outpatient Auth application.
- To request care authorization in the state of Maryland for accounts where the Universal Treatment Plan (UTP) is required.
- To request care authorization in the District of Columbia for accounts where the Release of Mental Health Information for Outpatient Mental Health Treatment form is required.
- To request Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services.
- To request authorization for levels of care other than routine outpatient.
- To request care authorization for members covered by ChampVA.
- To request care authorization for most Medicaid carve-out benefit plans.