Your same high-quality professional services… delivered in a new way.
Treat members at a place and time that fits best into your schedule – and theirs. Through telehealth, you can have real‐time, two‐way communication via secure online virtual sessions.
For more information
- Review our frequently asked questions (PDF).
- Refer to the Telehealth Services page in Section 3 of our provider handbook.
- Contact your Magellan network field representative or the national Provider Services Line at 1-800-788-4005 to learn more.
You will need to complete and submit a telehealth attestation if interested in providing behavioral health services via telehealth. Note that this form requires your Magellan MIS number; if you do not know your MIS number, call us at 1-800-788-4005 to request it.
Telehealth 101 webinar (1.0 CE credit)
Sign in to this website with your username and password then, from the Education menu, select Telehealth to access the link to our free webinar, "Telehealth 101: What You Need to Know & How to Get Started," and the accompanying post-course test.
- American Telemedicine Association
- Center for Connected Health Policy: the National Telehealth Policy Resource Center
- American Psychiatric Association Telepsychiatry Toolkit
- AMA Steps Forward Module: Adopting Telemedicine
- SOAP notes guide (PDF)
- 10 steps to getting started as a telehealth provider (PDF)
After you complete your telehealth attestation, you can begin delivering care via telehealth for members for whom it is a covered benefit.
- Telehealth 2017 payable services (PDF)
- Telehealth billing instructions (PDF)
Note: Coverage for codes is subject to the provisions and limitations of the subscriber’s benefit plan including authorization requirements. Nothing in these documents should be construed as altering subscriber’s benefits.